PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Are you looking to expand to diving skillset and unlock new locations then the PADI Advanced Open Water Course is for you.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course is designed to increase your confidence, and enhance your dive skills, so it's perfect for everyone from new Open Water Divers to more experienced divers. Through the Advanced Open Water Course, we work on “thinking like a diver” exercises that focus on actually diving situations and planning your diving activities and are backed up with 5 different Adventure dives that focus on different parts of diving.
If you want to increase your confidence, explore more of the underwater world and develop more of your scuba diving capabilities then this is the course for you!
This course is designed to maximize your in-water learning (all theory is completed online) and it's a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of one of our experienced instructors so that by the time you have finished the course you will be a better and safer diver.
You will be introduced to a range of different diving types under varying conditions so it's a great way to get a taste of the various Speciality courses that you can undertake to continue your diving education.
Dive HQ Westhaven also runs an NZQA approved career pathway to this course in their Academy of Diving Programme. This is the National Certificate in Foundation. Summer School, Part-time and Full-time course available. More information?
We also run NZQA Star programs through schools and education facilities.
This course involves 5 Adventure dives with a knowledge review to be completed before each dive.
The 2 compulsory dives are:
Deep Dive – This dive is designed to look at how planning for a dive is different when going beyond the Open Water limits and will also look at how the colour changes at depth. This dive will be up to a depth of 30m (for Junior Open Water Divers 21m)!
Navigation Dive- This dive is designed to expand your compass skill introduced in the PADI Open Water course and to feel confident navigation around our local dive sites. We practice all the skills on land first to give you more hands-on experience with compass use.
You can choose 3 out of a variety of dives such as:
Peak Performance Buoyancy –This dive focus on improving your buoyancy skills, adjusting your trim, and will also assist in improving your air consumption
Underwater Naturalist – This dive is designed around your local environment to help you identify the marine life in our local area.
Search & Recovery- This dive will help to learn some basic search patterns to help you find that lost slate, dropped torch or that mask that accidentally went overboard. The dive also looks at basic knot tying and how to safely rig and lift an item to the surface.
Dive Against Debris- The PADI Dive Against Debris teach you to plan and execute a cleanup dive of one of our local dive sites.
Night - on this dive you will plunge into a mysterious environment and see the marine life in a 'new light'! We run the Night adventure dive on the first Friday of every month
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Current Dive Medical (conducted within the previous 12 months)
We run the PADI Advanced Open Water Course on the last weekend of the month Check the schedule at the bottom of the page or give us a call in-store to discuss your Course options
The Course includes 1 day of diving from the shore at one of our local dive sites and 1 day of diving from a Local Charter Boat
Course Cost $595.00
Cost includes 5 dives- 3 Shore dives and 2 boat dives reference materials and certification. All of your scuba equipment is supplied, but you will need your own scuba quality snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, and boots). We have a Budget Package at $199, Basic Package $299 and our Premium Package $499.
How do I book?
- You can now book online Online Shop
- A $200 deposit will secure your place on the course and allow us to issue you with your online theory (eLearning).
- Your deposit is non-refundable unless you have a permanent medical condition that prevents you from diving AND you give us sufficient notice (see below) AND your access pass to your online theory has not been redeemed.
- If you have a permanent medical condition that prevents you from diving then we will happily provide you with a refund, but you must give us at least a week's notice before the scheduled start of your dive course and provide us with a copy of your physician’s medical statement. Once you start your dive course, or if you advise us less than a week before the start of your dive course, we are unable to provide a refund for a failed medical or other reasons.
- If you miss a session or are late for your course you may need to do a catch-up session. Extra charges may apply.
- If after you have booked or started a course you need to change your course dates, please speak with us as early as possible so we can try and accommodate your request.
|Start Date||Classroom Dates||Pool Dates||Openwater Dates||Course Type||Store|
|Junior Openwater Diver|
|13/03/2021||e-learning||13/03/2021-14/03/2021||20/03/2021-21/03/2021||Junior Openwater Diver||Auckland||Full Course Info|
|Open Water Diver|
|13/03/2021||e-learning||13/02/2021-14/02/2021||20/02/2021-21/02/2021||Open Water Diver||Auckland||Full Course Info|